Thursday, February 23, 2006

Week 3 reflections

Webhead Cheryl Oakes
This week I thought would be my favorite since I am somewhat familiar with blogs, podcasts but NOT wikis.
I'll start with wikis.Check out the BAWers wikis they developed.
http://baw-06.pbwiki.com/
I was very tentative at first when I read about the wikis. Then I downloaded the page with the shortcuts and directions. That was it, experimenting with the wiki language and trying out the different kinds of STYLES that could be used to make certain areas of the wiki stand out. I think my students would really like the STYLES and I plan on making a wiki that we can experiment with when I get back to school. I think it would be hard in a classroom lab since you can only work on one page at a time, but I will figure that out.
My wiki thought also includes use during committee work when there is a small group of people who can give input on a document/idea during a week prior to when we all get back together. Here is my wiki. Please feel free to post.
http://baw-06.pbwiki.com/CherylOakes
Then I listened to WorldBridges 2 different podcasts about Wikis. That was interesting, I especially liked the wiki science series being developed for young people.
I also made this blog as an example of a blog in Blogger. This is my 4th blogger account. My favorite new blog account is called Suprglu, it is wild. The reason I like Suprglu is that is houses all my web presences. I was accumulating quite a few so I needed a spot to consolidate all my addresses.
This has been a very busy week. I usually try and read and comment at
http://www.techlearning.com/blog each day as well as keep up with all my BAW readings , podcasts and conversations.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Cheryloakes50 said...

How could I forget the Yahoo 360 degrees. I really liked that more than Geocities, Bravenet and Tripod.
Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home