Thursday, February 23, 2006

Week 5 Reflections

Webhead Cheryl Oakes
OMG, this has been the toughest week for me. I have been challenged to categorize, read and sometimes comment on the messages and create the thread for week 5. Springdoo and surveys were by far the most commented on.
There were many readings, I did get to them. I liked Tom March, his article is here, http://www.ozline.com/learning/theory.html and was amazed to read that I have been using his many mentioned resources. Filimentality is my favorite.
When I read Dafne's article which predicted the evolution of the now famous WEBHEADS. For me the Webhead type activity is really new, but has been a successful option for ESL, EFL classes.
Most of my time was spent reading, cutting and pasting messages and deciding the categories they belonged in. Oh, did I mention capturing the photos of the participants during the threads. I still get Cris and Chrissan confused, sorry about that ladies. However, it was a great challenge, a great exercise and consumed my week. I am looking forward to the graduation, go Webheads 2006!
Cheryl

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Berta said...

Hello Cheryl, first of all I need to congratulate you on being so persistent at complying with your decision about keeping a reflective account of your learning experience at BaW06. It gives me a sort of joyful feeling to know that at least a couple of our co-bawers could actually keep up with the reading of articles, messages, blogs, web pages, wikis, synchronous sessions ... and were brave enough to put together a weekly thread of so many interesting messages. Kudos to you, sincerely. BTW, I enjoyed your bubbleshare and hope to design mine soon. Warmly from Caracas, Berta ;-)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Excellent and inspirational blog, Cheryl! (It inspires me to do more next time around!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home